Wednesday, April 1, 2020

TERESA WRIGHT

I've had a crush on Teresa Wright since I was a boy. Having graduated from the high school behind the house I grew up in, only four years before I was born, she was our local movie star. She is one of the best and most popular stars of "Hollywood's Golden Era" and thanks to TCM you can still watch her greatest films and see why.

She is also one of the few movie actors to be nominated for two Oscars in the same year (Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress) and the only actor to be nominated for their roles in the first three movies they made. If you don't know her work, I highly recommend the four best movies she made: THE LITTLE FOXES, MRS. MINIVER, SHADOW OF A DOUBT (one of Hitchcock's best), and my alltime favorite film THE BEST YEARS OF OUR LIVES.

[the photo is from the latter film and shows that even when crying her Irish eyes sparled]

No comments: