Friday, February 26, 2021

I CARE A LOT

I decided to watch this Netflix movie because Rosamund Pike, Dianne Wiest, Peter Dinklage, and Eiza Gonzalez are in it. All actors I love to watch work. They mostly don't disappoint, even though the early part of the film almost made me want to stop watching because the subject is so depressing.

I don't remember it saying so, but the premise of I CARE A LOT is based on a New Yorker magazine article exposing manipulation of the legal system by for-profit companies that get themselves appointed legal guardians for old folks and then sell those folks' property and assets for the guardians' own profit.

The film, written and directed by J Blakeson, turns the premise into a thriller that is mostly thrilling, and at times, for this old folk, anxiety inducing. But it's worth watching for Pike's kick-ass performance alone.  

No comments: