Saturday, July 24, 2021

THE ETERNAL NOW

 
One of the loves of my life, artist Terre Bridgham, and me in the house on 10th Street in Santa Monica that I was always coming up with the monthly rent for at the last minute. If you went through the door to my right there was a door to a bathroom and another door to my son Miles's bedroom. And up the stairs was another bathroom and my daughter Caitlin's and my bedrooms. To my left the living room and beyond it my office.

This was the late 1980s, when I was in my late 40s and would soon see my kids grown and gone and the house sold, and I moved into one-and-a-half room apartment on the border of Venice with a view of the ocean. I've almost always been lucky with finding people and homes I loved, and still do when I think of them, even those that are long gone (this house is now a giant three-story McMansion).  

No comments: