Wednesday, March 27, 2013

PS TO LAST POST

Just got back from the eye doc. This operation didn't go quite as smoothly as the first, the eye and the cataract both were worse. And the aftermath last evening wasn't pleasant, felt like a tiny bird got stuck inside the transparent bubble eye (with air holes to breathe) they give you now instead of the cool pirate's eye patch of old, and was scratching at my eye to get out. And , also unlike the first eye operation, this one felt afterwards like I'd been through an operation, you know, traumatized and exhausted.

But this morning that was mostly gone and the eye just felt a little blurry and light sensitive. At the doc's it was clear it wasn't as good as the right had been the day after that op when they tested it with the letters on the wall bit. But that may have been because it seemed too bright, the light sensitive thing because my eyes were still so dilated. At any rate, the doc said there was a scratch on the eye but that it would heal and be okay.

Meanwhile, with both eyes I can already see well enough to pass the no glasses Jersey eye test for driving so unlike last time I'm already good to drive. The glasses are gone for distance, probably may need ones for reading but even there I can already read titles and the bigger type sizes. Pretty amazing.

As ever, I am grateful for the advances in medicine and doctoring that allow me to still be able to do pretty much everything despite my many operations and leaht (that's me trying to type "health" and leaving it in as an example of how I still must stop and correct many typos compared to my pre-brain operation days—in fact I corrected three in this parenthetical comment already!) challenges and aging body.

And thanks to everyone for the good wishes and prayers and thoughts and support. Love is always in the air when we care about others.

3 comments:

Annabel Lee said...

New-fangled vision adjustment. Miraculous! Glad that even though it didn't go so well that it did go well and that you're good to go: drive on.

Phoebe said...

Hey Michael - I hope you are all well now. My husband had the 5 minute cataract surgery and it was amazing. Thank God for Mod. Medicine!!

Lally said...

Thanks guys, so far so good though not as smooth as the first one (more itchy and etc.) I see the eye doc on Thursday so after that should be smooth sailing. T'anks for all the good wishes and words...