Sunday, August 2, 2015

ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL BERKSHIRE WEEKEND

Just a Saturday overnight trip to The Berkshires, but I got to see FRANKIE AND JOHNNY AT THE CLAIR DE LUNE at The Berkshire Theater Festival in Stockbridge, under the direction of Karen Allen, another stage triumph as a director for my old friend.

And I got to see old friends I hadn't seen in a while and catch up on their lives and those of their loved ones, and see my Godson who lives up there and has made a life for himself, and I got to make some new friends and do my best to be present for all of it.

And I got to see my oldest son Miles play bass with Jordan Weller and The Feathers at The Gypsy Joynt in Great Barrington for one of the tightest and most driving sets ever, making the joint explode with dancing and cheering and just move-to-the-music energy, including mine.

And I got to see my grandson, whose badly broken arm from a skateboarding accident needed surgery earlier in the week to fix with a plate and screws, already healing and taking it all with his usual humor and aplomb just days before his seventeenth birthday.

Life has its challenges and set backs, and definitely its disappointments but it also has it triumphs and blessings and grace, for which I am eternally grateful, even in the times when I'm not, because I know the power of gratitude-no-matter-what.

1 comment:

tpw said...

Sounds like a great & emotionally rich visit.