Friday, August 28, 2020

ANOTHER LIST

On hot humid days instead of going outside I try to walk/trot/dance around my apartment for a half hour at a brisk pace for some aerobic exercise, but pretty soon I'm bored and tired and look at my watch to see if it's been the twenty-five minutes it feels like only to discover it's been five. So then I feel totally bored with the back and forth in such a small space so try to come up with distractions. Yesterday it was making lists in my head of favorite artists (painters etc.) who worked in the 20th century, grouping them by the first initial of their last names. Here's as much as I did plus some more I thought of today, but I know I'm leaving a lot out:

Charles Burchfield
Louise Bourgeois
Don Bachardy
Joe Brainard
Glen Baxter
Jennifer Bartlett
Jean-Michel Basquiat
Susan Bee
Jennifer Baxandale
Alix Bailey

Joseph Cornell
Susan Campbell
John Clarke 

Willem De Kooning
Jim Dine
Donna Dennis
Ray DiPalma
Elizabeth DiPalma

Max Ernst

Jane Freilicher

Phillip Guston 

Edward Hopper
Grace Hartigan
David Hockney
Eva Hesse
Paul Harryn
Caitlin Hotaling
Duncan Hannah
Bob Heman
Eric Holzman
Walter Hoyt

Frida Kahlo
Lee Krasner
Alex Katz
BJ Kitaj
Jack Kerouac (yes, he painted too) 

Annabel Lee
Alix Lambert

Rene Magritte
Reginald Marsh
Rita Stern Milch
Don McLaughlin

Louise Nevelson
Paula North

Francis Picabia
Darragh Park
Rick Parker

Mark Rothko
Robert Rauschenberg
Ed Ruscha
Susan Rothenberg

Egon Schiele
Kurt Schwitters
Charles Sheeler
David Smith
Sylvia Schuster
George Schneeman
Peter Spence

Trevor Winkfield
Ai Wei Wei

No comments: