Sunday, December 26, 2010

HOPE YOU HAD YOURSELVES A MERRY LITTLE HOLIDAY SEASON AND CONTINUE TO UNTIL WE OPEN THE DOOR ON ANOTHER NEW YEAR

Wonderful couple of days with family and friends, and more to come.

Last year I was still working on recovering from the brain surgery, and though grateful to be alive and functioning, this year feels even more full of reasons to be grateful.

Every night with my youngest, I count our blessings, or as many as I can think of before it feels right to say goodnight. One I'm thinking of tonight, that I didn't mention in our nightly ritual, is my gratitude for this space to express my thoughts and opinions, enthusiasms and objections, and all those who drop by here to  allow me to share them with more than the multitudes I contain (as Whitman said he did and I identified with immediately, even as a boy).

Thanks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are grateful to write in this space, and I am happy to read what you write. So happy you are healthy again.

Lally said...

Thanks anon.

-K- said...

I'm grateful for my space too and I'm also grateful to Google for providing "Blogger." I still can't believe its free. Its like giving everyone in America their own printing press. And as far as I can see, just about everybody uses their blogs very productively.

Unknown said...

And U'm grateful that you write in this space.