Sunday, May 26, 2013

PERFECT BIRTHDAY

First of all, thanks to all who sent birthday greetings, I am overwhelmed with humility to have the love and friendship of so many great people.

Spent the morning driving up to The Berkshires with my fifteen year old. Once there went to Pittsfield with his big sister, his niece (his sister's daughter and my granddaughter) and his nephew (my big brother's son and my grandson) where we had lunch and then stood and walked in the cold wind and rain holding a sign protesting GMOs along with a bunch of others holding similar signs. It felt great to take part even if the numbers of participants should have been much greater. It's time for the kinds of million people crowds we had on The Washington Mall back in the days of fighting for Civil Rights and against The Viet Nam War.

After an ice cream cone with my daughter and oldest son at my favorite ice cream place, SoCo in Great Barrington, I had a kiddie size but with a little bit of three flavors—Elvis (banana and peanut butter), Pumpkin Chip and Ginger—took a little nap and joined my daughter and my youngest son and grandson at The Gypsy Joynt in Great Barrington to hear my oldest son play bass with Jordan Weller and The Feathers. Danced pretty much to every song from 9PM to midnight. Now writing this and going to sleep. Life is good and for that I am very grateful.

9 comments:

Cheryl Bianchi said...

sounds like a perfect day...very happy for your and your progeny. ♥

Eve said...

Perfect! I could taste lthe flavors. You are blessed. xoxo

Robert G. Zuckerman said...

Michael,

Slightly belated Happy Birthday wishes to you. Who'd have thunk (is that a word) that when I photographed you for Venice Magazine (thank you Nancy Bishop) that we'd be friends twenty years later? May life's richness and the blessings of health, family, happiness, peace, love, prosperity, creativity and world betterment abound in your life always. Thank you for your vision, strength of character and championing of truth and decency. Carpe diem and semper fidelis, Robert Z.

JenW said...

That's some amazing birthday celebration- marching with family, friends, & people around the world for positive change, then ice cream and dancing. Sending you a happy birthday song as you keep grooving and enjoying your birthday weekend. Happy, happy birthday Michael Lally!

http://youtu.be/yOsY3eOguKo

Lally said...

Muchos Gratias to all for the birthday wishes and more. I am indeed a very lucky man to have such friends.

Lally said...

Oh, and Jen, I'm gonna have to repost that link you put up, thank you so much for it kiddo, had me movie and swingin and laughing loud enough to wake the neighbors!

Lally said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lally said...

Meant movin' of course but hey movie tooooo...

JenW said...

Hey- happy you enjoyed it! I meant to add "listen all the way through & best with speakers" but it sounds like you got it:-) I was dancing and laughing too- the solos are so great & all the guys are having such a blast- luv it! I have seen Marcus Roberts twice- heaven.. & the Marsalis family...brilliant musicians-Keep dancing & grooving and movie- ing too!