Monday, June 6, 2016

ANOTHER NEW LIST!

As most of you know, I was a compulsive list-maker since childhood, in my writing and my mind, walking around making lists of favorite movies, sometimes alphabetical, etc. but after my brain operation in 2009 that compulsion entirely disappeared. Whenever I tried to even force myself to think up a list of favorite whatever, I'd entirely lose interest after one or two items. So the recent return of an occasional urge to make a list seems like a promising development. Usually I have to go to Google for help and force myself to stick with it, but this list came relatively easily whole lying in bed the other night, and then when I wrote it down I saw it added up to fourteen lines. So here is my: 

FAVORITE NONFICTION-PROSE BOOKS SONNET


HERE COMES, THERE GOES, YOU KNOW WHO
GENESIS ANGELS
THE FACE OF WAR
THE VILLAGE OF LONGING

BIG SUR AND THE ORANGES OF HIERONYMUS BOSCH
THAT SPECIAL PLACE
A QUINCY HISTORY
EARTH HOUSE HOLD

RECOLLECTIONS OF MY LIFE AS A WOMAN
SMILE PLEASE
MAGPIE RISING
SPECIMEN DAYS

CLEARVIEW/LIE
SKY




[books by William Saroyan, Aram Saroyan, Martha Gelhorn, George O’Brien, Henry Miller, Terence Winch, James Haining, Gary Snyder, Diane di Prima, Jean Rhys, Merrill Gilfillan, Walt Whitman, Ted Greenwald, and Blaise Cendrars]

No comments: