Friday, April 6, 2018

SUSAN ANSPACH R.I.P.

I had a tremendous crush on Susan Anspach when I saw her in MONTENEGRO the year before I moved to Santa Monica, where it turned out she lived  And then not many years later, I met her, and we dated, briefly, very briefly, like one date.

She was to my mind one of the most underrated movie actors ever. Her talent was enormous. And in the years we were around each other at events, including that one date, I can verify that her personality could also be enormous, and I should know as I suffer from the same, which is maybe why we ended up only dating once.

But at the time it felt like an honor to know her, to be in the presence of someone I consider to be a great artist.

Here's a link to the NY Times obit, and my condolences to all her family and friends and fans, among which I included myself.

No comments: