Wednesday, March 5, 2008

THREE MORE QUICK THOUGHTS ON YESTERDAY’S PRIMARIES

1. Very smart move for the Clinton campaign to muzzle Bill recently, it obviously helped.

2. Very smart move for Hilary to play the victim of male power, even if it’s not true and “the old double standard” as I wrote in a recent post, it obviously worked, especially with older women.

3. Did anyone else notice in Huckabee’s concession speech how much his wife looks just like him? It never struck me before, but on my TV as he was speaking and she was looking a little forlorn, standing slightly behind but close to him, she looked exactly like him in a wig!

5 comments:

JIm said...

Mike,
I don't think Mrs. Huckabee is a forlorn waif. It has been a while since I have jumped out of a airplane piloted an airplane or finished a marathon; like never. How about you?

Some of Janet Huckabee's favorite pastimes include skiing, jet skiing, swimming, basketball, and piloting an airplane. She has also gone bungee jumping and parachuted out of an airplane. Janet has completed two marathons.

Lally said...

In no way did I mean to imply she was forlorn in any other area of her life except while listening on national TV to her husband's speech, quitting the presidential race. I'm sure she's an accomplished woman. She certainly looks like a strong one. I was just observing, humorously Jim, something you do in almost every comment, but often much more viciously when the object of your scorn is Democrats, that during that concession speech the camera was making her look an awful lot like her husband, much the way Bianca Jagger used to photograph very like Mick and vice versa, only in the case of the Huckabees, much older looking, and not as sexy.

JIm said...

It is nice to know that my attempt at humor is appreciated. I agree she is no beauty queen, but I understand she had a hell of jump shot.

Lally said...

Last word on this: I truly didn't mean to mock her looks, I simply observed that she suddenly looked just like her husband, only, as I originally said, in a wig. Lots of couples grow to resemble each other, and some even start out that way. I just hadn't noticed it before with these guys, and it did seem kind of humorous too.

Anonymous said...

Voter Fraud?
Voters Disenfranchised?
Lawyers claiming irregularities?

Aren't these the things that the Dems claim the GOP does?

The chickens have come home to roost, again.