Sunday, June 17, 2012

A SWEET FATHER'S DAY IN THE BERKSHIRES (TOPPED WITH A SWEET VIDEO OF JOHN SMITH AND LISA HANNIGAN)

The day couldn't be more beautiful. Blues skies with white cloud puffs, the lush green foliage covering the hills and mountains, the lakes shining in the sun, a lovely brunch with all my children and my oldest son's son (my granddaughter elsewhere with my son-in-law, her father). Couldn't be more grateful.

Lots of warm wishes and cards and all, and then a new Internet friend, Jen Ward, sent me a link to this lovely video of John Smith playing and singing with Lisa Hannigan singing harmony, in a boat on a similarly beautiful summer day (only it looks like they're in Ireland), ah my people:

5 comments:

tpw said...

That's a great song, beautifully rendered here. Sounds like you had the perfect Father's Day.

Lally said...

Thanks for noticing, and yep, it was perfect. Now if only I were.

JenW said...

No one is perfect but perfect moments make for happy days. Baltimore, West Cork is where the song was filmed-looks perfect there too. Just announced- (and the best news I’ve heard all day) Lisa Hannigan and John Smith will be joining Glen Hansard @ the Beacon Theatre on June 29th. An awesome gathering not to be missed if in the NYC area. Sure to be perfect....

Lally said...

Thanks for that news Jen, I can't make it but if I could I sure would.

JenW said...

No worries. You'll have to catch them another time. Maybe when they are back home- just across the pond.