Monday, July 1, 2013

THE GIFTS OF MY LIFE

As anyone who knows me or who has been reading my blog probably knows, I was a compulsive list maker all my life until a brain operation three and a half years ago.  It was like a switch was flipped and the lists I constantly made in my head, like one say starting with my favorite movie with a one word title beginning with "A" followed by the rest of the alphabet, which I could do without looking anything up etc. instantly stopped.

In those three and a half years I have thought of ideas for lists but have always lost interest after one or two items. Even my grocery list I now keep on my iPhone and just add or delete one thing at a time when I think of it to a basic generic list: "veggies, fruit" etc.

I used to have a few lists on this post every week before the brain op, but since then I've only posted a couple, and those I made with the help of my bookshelves or the Internet over a stretched out period of time. But the other day I came up with a list over a short period.

I typed into my phone the title above: "The gifts of my life" and then this:

My children and grandchildren
My friends
The opportunity to do work that I love and have people let me know it meant something to them
The opportunity to bring attention to the work I love by others
The opportunity to help causes I believe in


[Not much, but it meant and means a lot to me. I noticed I didn't have family down other than my children and grandchildren, but my family fortunately nowadays are all friends, so...that's it.]

7 comments:

Jamie Rose said...

You're a gift of mine (life). And to so many others.

x
J

tpw said...

I second Jamie Rose's (e)motion.

Robert G. Zuckerman said...

I second second it.

Lally said...

aw, thanks so much you guys, talk about good friends...

JenW said...

I cube it.
(2nd half of entry three on the list: moi :-)

Bob said...

I fourple it. - BP

Robert Berner said...

Move it be adopted by acclamation.
Bob B.