Friday, October 9, 2015

GAIL ZAPPA R.I.P.


I met Gail Zappa at a few Hollywood parties and events during the years I was there ('82 to '99) and she was always funny, no-bullshit honest, engaging and curious. I never saw her do that thing too many people in Hollywood and elsewhere do at events and parties, i.e. look over your shoulder to see if anyone more "important" is around.

In fact I first met her at one of the most star-studded Hollywood parties I ever attended and instead of scanning the room and dividing people by "success" or style or anything else she just started asking me questions about myself and we had an extended conversation about our kids (she introduced me to Moon Unit, Dweezil and Ahmet, all of whom were like their mother, friendly and funny and great human beings in my limited experience of them over the years)...

I offer my condolences to all Gail's family and friends (and fans, of which I am one).

Here's a fair obit.

No comments: