Friday, March 16, 2018

BLACK PANTHER

BLACK PANTHER is a total delight. Watching it on the big screen, I felt like I did the first time I saw STAR WARS when it first came out, or the first half of WONDER WOMAN. Unlike too many super hero films, BLACK PANTHER is never crudely juvenile a la immature boy humor etc.

It's well written (adapted I guess would be more correct, since the comic book hero already existed) by Ryan Coogler and Joe Robert Cole. And perfectly directed by Coogler (who is now three for three with FRUITVALE STATION and CREED).

And anything with Lupita Nyong'o or Danai Gurira is worth seeing, in my experience. And they're at their most charming and appealing in their roles as heroic women. And the woman I saw it with, like most women I know, was very pleased at Michael B. Jordan's and Chadwick Boseman's presence in the film. (And Letitia Wright was a discovery for me, and yet another highlight of the movie.)

For my taste, there's nothing not to like about this movie, and much to enjoy. Can't wait for the sequel.

No comments: