Monday, April 23, 2007

NARCISSISTIC NOBODIES

I can’t stand seeing photos of this latest mass murderer, or the publicity he’s getting.

Bad enough we give so much attention to rich girls with plastic surgery and all the other nonentities that fill not just the tabloids these days.

Despite my belief in the first amendment, I think there should be a law that mass murderers, like the Columbine guys and Virginia tech guy, cannot have their photographs or images reproduced in the media, nor their names mentioned, and that all reporting on mass murders must emphasize the victims, not the perpetrator.

No more attention for murderers. Or anyone else who has accomplished little but getting their mugs on the news for some violent or hurtful act, or for being wealthy by inheritance, etc.

It won’t happen, but that’s what I vote for.

1 comment:

AlamedaTom said...

Hmmmm!

A wonderful example of the dichotomy between our personal and societal mores and standards.

I remember being truly bent out of shape when the ACLU defended the rights of Nazis to march in a parade. On the current V-Tech subject, I couldn't agree with you more from a PERSONAL perspective, which is why I love you.

BUT, as Lenny Bruce once sagely said, "a knowledge syphilis is not an instruction to get it!" Sorry, but I want opportunity to see and hear EVERY RELEVANT PIECE OF INFORMATION. If I deem it to be irrelevant or abhorrent in my universe, I have the choice to turn off the TV or radio, or to browse to another site on the Internet.

~ T.