Saturday, December 24, 2011

IN THE SPIRIT OF THE SEASON

Not to just lay links on ya, though I know everyone's busy this time of year, but here's a great story on Huffington about the cloistered nun who was once the movie star Dolores Hart.

My brother the Franciscan friar who passed a few years ago visited her a couple of times and I think corresponded with her. He and I saw her when she was still a Hollywood actress in the film WHERE THE BOYS ARE at Radio City Music Hall back when it first came out.

He was fascinated when she joined an order of nuns who, well, you can read the story and if you feel so moved send a little donation. Limited as my funds are, I intend to send something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to be a nun...and Tony, as a teenager actually attended a seminary for 2 years in Santa Barbara.. However, the fates will what they will ...:..

Suzanne...
PS Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Lally said...

I never knew that, or if I did forgot it. That explains a lot! Merry Christmas to you and your family as well and may the new year be a happy and healthy one.