Monday, April 22, 2013

RICHIE HAVENS R.I.P.

I met him once that I remember. Studio 54 of all places. Me pretty full of myself and not impressed with the star studded gang I was with, but already dug him. We got away to the balcony as I remember it (there was a balcony right?) and sat up there in the semi dark talking, me telling stories, him more just being and accepting and in a very gracious and calm way enlightening.

A real treasure.

[No need to post a photo or a YouTube video of one of his recordings or performances. They're all over the web today. I'll just sit here in the semi-dark and remember the man.

2 comments:

Robert G. Zuckerman said...

A true original, a hugely powerful mind, soul and spirit.

-K- said...

Wonderful story. This week the Internet is full of what stories and videos attesting to what genuine human being he was.