Thursday, October 20, 2016

CONNECTIONS...OR NOT

I don't know what year this photograph was taken, but it's in Ireland in the 1800s, either before or after my grandparents came over, and it has nothing to do with my family or clan as far as I know and yet when I saw it online and enlarged it, the man with the newsboy cap with his left hand to his chin...well, I felt like I'd seen that face in the mirror when I was younger, and I still make that gesture...

I remember once in a high school foot ball game when I got down on the line for the first play of a game, and the guy across from me from some other high school and I looked into each other's faces just inches apart and we both reacted because, again, it was like looking in a mirror. After that game I never saw the guy again and don't remember if I even got his name...

Life can be so unexpectedly revelatory in such mysterious head shaking ways....

No comments: