Monday, February 18, 2019

DOCUMENTARY PARTY

Great crowd of dear old friends, and new ones, and all my kids and grandkids, showed up last night to celebrate the completion of the main filming for the documentary Rachel E. Diken is making about me and my poetry and life.

The new "sizzle reel" (or trailer, as we also call them, or "coming attraction" when I was a kid) is only two minutes and twenty-nine seconds long, but it packed so much into it, it seemed like five or ten minutes or longer. A great and long-lasting roar went up from the crowd after it screened, confirming Rachel's success at whetting the appetite for seeing such a film.

The post-operation part of my brain was overwhelmed by it all, causing me some confusion and anxiety, but the rest of my brain and me knew it was great and were gratified and humbled and honored and self-conscious and deeply grateful and pleased.

Thanks to everyone who came or sent a contribution or volunteered their time and energy and food (from the one catering service and one restaurant) and music (the great Jim Coleman dj'd) and danced etc.

Many photos were taken and will be shared when I figure out (or actually have someone else figure out for me) how to do that, but meanwhile here's one of my youngest child Flynn and youngest grandchild Deak at the party.

No comments: