Monday, September 23, 2019

ANOTHER GREAT EVENING OF CREATIVITY

So last Saturday evening's Boog City event at unnamable books in Brooklyn was one of those experiences that fills my heart and soul with gratitude for the creative spirit. Six people read their poetry or sang their songs, and all the work was original and delightfully so. I feel fortunate I got to hear everyone and equally fortunate I got to hang with most of them afterwards for stimulating conversation and connection. I can't imagine a life without readings and performances in intimate settings by artists whose work reaffirms the human capacity for turning language into unique constructions that elicit laughter and tears and wonder and deep satisfaction. Thanks everyone who was there in whatever capacity.

PS: a reminder that I'm taking part in another gathering of creative folks this Wednesday evening, here's the poster.


No comments: