Tuesday, October 22, 2019

ANOTHER LIST

Almost ten years after the brain operation that knocked out my lifelong list-making compulsion, or even capacity, the latter occasionally returns, as in my waking up this morning and starting to compose in my head a list of favorite movie musicals or movies with music in them (probably prompted by my ROCKET MAN post yesterday) and for some reason they came in couplets (I'm sure there are more, because I have always loved musicals, but these are what came to me):

A HARD DAYS NIGHT
ACROSS THE UNIVERSE

AN AMERICAN IN PARIS
AMELIE (I don't remember if this is an actual musical
but somehow I remember it as such, the music of her whimsy?)

THE BAND WAGON
BILLY ELLIOT

CAROUSEL
CABARET

THE COMMITMENTS
CRY BABY

DREAMGIRLS
FIDDLER ON THE ROOF

42ND STREET
FUNNYFACE

GOLD DIGGERS OF 1933
GOING MY WAY

HAIRSPRAY
INTO THE WOODS

JAILHOUSE ROCK
KING CREOLE

LES MISERABLES
MOULIN ROUGE

MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS
THE MUSIC MAN

OKLAHOMA
OLIVER!

ON THE TOWN
ONCE

RAY
SATURDAY CHURCH

SINGIN' IN THE RAIN
SING STREET

SWING TIME
SOUTH PACIFIC

TOP HAT
THE UMBRELLAS OF CHERBOURG

WEST SIDE STORY
WILLY WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY

THE WIZARD OF OZ
YESTERDAY

No comments: