Sunday, April 3, 2022

MONEY HEIST

 
I've almost finished binging MONEY HEIST, a Spanish language Netflix series whose premise and plot twists are so preposterous it keeps me coming back to see what I'll be saying "Oh no you dint" to next. A lot of the fun for me is in the characters, several of whom I have crushes on. Mostly "Tokyo" (they are almost all named for cities), who I'm totally in love with (played by Ursula Corbero). Partly because of her beauty and energy and x-game style daring, but also because she evokes one of the loves of my life, actor/writer/homeless activist Lycia Naff, not only in looks but gestures and facial expressions, so that every scene with Tokyo feels a little like a visit with Lycia, who was also not afraid of heavy action scenes (see BIKER CHICKS IN ZOMBIE TOWN).

I also have mini crushes on Nairobi, Julia (the trans woman character, not the non-trans actor), and surprisingly Bogota. Not surprising because he's a man, anyone who knows me or my writing knows I'm what others call "bi-" but because Bogota's a big bearded bear (the dark-haired  one in the top left corner in the group shot) not usually "my type"—but the idea of cuddling up in his ams is very appealing. Anyway, check MONEY HEIST out, a preposterous but entertaining ride. 

[here's photos of Lycia Naff and Ursula Corbero to show the resemblance] 

No comments: