Wednesday, July 12, 2023

LALLYPALOOZA

 
This past Sunday an amazing (to me) event occurred at The Center for Peace Through Culture in Housatonic Mass. My longtime friends (over 50 years) photographer/poet Bobby Miller and actor/director Karen Allen organized "Lallypalooza" (as the program called it) "A Celebration of the Life and Poetry of Michael Lally".

If you're anything like I used to be, you may be asking why the feck you weren't invited, but they didn't promote it cause of limited capacity (the art gallery only fit 60 and with family and their guests alone it was already half full). With almost 30 readers, some on video, many dear friends weren't included. But that was the only aspect of the event that wasn't overwhelmingly joyous.

The love in the room was enough to sustain and delight me for the rest of my story. From the minute I walked in and saw blown up photographic portraits of me through the decades taken by Bobbly (like the one in the photo here) I felt like the luckiest person alive. It was all filmed and should be available online soon.

(photo of Bobby and Karen hosting the event, by Jane DeLynn)

No comments: