Wednesday, January 14, 2015

COMING OUT FROM UNDER

My lifelong goal of simplifying my life has been reinforced once again by illness. There's nothing like feeling like even if you're not dying you might as well be. I feel so fortunate that I'm still here and able to read and write and talk and walk and still dig all the things I do. Especially the "you" I've been writing to since I learned to write, some secret sympathizer who understands and shares my perspective on what's important and why.

May everyone of you be blessed with a heart full of gratitude to be open to this new day.

[and this is just from a bug or whatever's going around and the complications thereof, but I guess the new "sick"—at my age—is a lot more kickass than the version my younger, healthier, stronger self had to deal with...]

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Michael,
I am one of the "you" who reads your wonderful blog every day/night.
I hope that you get better soon.
With friendship & admiration,
Harry E. Northup

Lally said...

For which I am so grateful, as well as honored, Harry.

AlamedaTom said...

Hey Lal. I hope you have turned the corner on the nasty bug and are on the way to full recovery. In the meantime, it sounds like you need a but of cheering up. Coincidentally, I just posted something by Madeleine Peyroux which is guaranteed to make you smile. You know how to get to my blog, but for the rest of your loyal readers, some of whom my also need a smile or two, here is the link:
http://coolbirth.blogspot.com/2015/01/madeleine-peyroux-makes-me-smile.html

Be well brother

~ Willy

-K- said...

For all the words I've written in my life, I've never once had the concept of writing for a "secret sympathizer."

And I have to say I feel kind of cheated for never having had that kind of companion.

To shake that feeling off I will go to Alameda Tom's blog to check out his most recent posting.

JenW said...

Thank you for the blessing and grateful you are feeling better and out from under.

richard lopez said...

i am a loyal reader too, michael. get well, be well, breathe in, breathe out. love is what gives strength.