Sunday, October 27, 2013

LOU REED R.I.P.

You've heard the news I'm sure [the news of his passing was on all the major network and cable newscasts]. He will be missed by many [and our thoughts and condolences go out to his wife and family and friends]. My feelings were always mixed, but his album TRANSFORMER had an impact on me (we were the same age and experiencing some changes at the same time etc.) and there are songs of his I will always dig [though it's obviously his best known song in terms of popularity and there are others more emblematic of his music's impact perhaps, I had "take a walk on the wild side" and the rest of the lyrics to it going through my head all day and night]. Here's the best place to go for links about him and his passing (and a good blog to follow anyway).

No comments: