Tuesday, August 12, 2014

ROBIN WILLIAMS R.I.P.

I was in the same room with him a few times during my Hollywood years, and once at a party at a big celebrity's home we were formally introduced and it was pretty uncomfortable. I was no good at small talk so usually started conversations with personal stories or questions etc. which seemed to make him even more uncomfortable than he already appeared to be.

He was in a corner of the room, with his wife, this was probably in the late 1980s or early '90s. At any rate, he came across to me as extremely self-conscious and shy, pretty unlike his stage and screen persona. Though he did make a few attempts at humor, I mostly felt like it was painful for him to be in that room with all those people, most as famous or more than him, except for me.

He seemed like a sweet guy, and was obviously an amazingly unique talent, but neither sweetness nor talent could keep him from his troubles, which is terribly sad. I feel for his family and friends and hope he found the relief he was seeking.

No comments: