Thursday, October 16, 2014

TIM HAUSER R.I.P.

Can't believe Tim Hauser has passed, especially since I just saw him a few weeks ago (and posted about it here) only days after he had buried his mother. It seems too too soon. He was my age and grew up in Belmar, the town where I spent summers as a kid at my grandmother's down the Jersey shore.

He graduated from Saint Rose High School there, where I went to summer school in 1957, and he was at the rock'n'roll concert the year before that ended in rioting, which I too was at (see this obit for details). So I felt a connection with him that was more in my mind than real life.

Nonetheless the connection was real, as it was, I'm certain, for all those who fell in love with his voice and the group he created THE MANHATTAN TRANSFER. He will be sorely missed and my heart goes out to his family, friends and fans, but especially to his MANHATTAN TRANSFER song mates.

No comments: