Monday, June 22, 2015

I'LL SEE YOU IN MY DREAMS

Every now and then a film is made about older people. Seniors. Lately it seems almost like a cluster (well, at least two). I always mean to catch them and sometimes do and sometimes don't. But this one, I'LL SEE YOU IN MY DREAMS, I did check out and wasn't disappointed.

Maybe reflective of a lot of seniors' lives, a lot of any people for that matter, I'LL SEE YOU IN MY DREAMS is understated, mild, more dramatic in how often it doesn't supply the capper, the bon mot, the expected (at least for drama) conflict and resolution. No tied-up-with-a-ribbon Hollywood story games, or at least not much.

But because the script is so not pushy and the directing and acting pretty self-contained, with Blythe Danner's star turn a quiet tour-de-force, I enjoyed every minute of it. And so did the way-not-senior friend I saw it with. Something for everyone, Mildly.

No comments: