Sunday, May 15, 2016

ANYBODY ELSE FINDING MORE ACTIVE DREAMING WITH AGE?

Mine and most everyone else's dreams I find pretty boring. But I was in one last night where I was trying to swim away from an unidentified woman in the ocean and couldn't free my arms as I kicked my legs fiercely and struggled to get my arms free (fell asleep as usual on my back with my arms under the covers).

I woke up to the sound of my skull hitting the hardwood floor beside my bed. It was so loud, with my door closed and my son's room's door closed he thought someone had knocked over a big piece of furniture in the apartment above us. He was worried and wanted to get me to the hospital, but I iced it and he checked later to make sure I was okay and we made it through the night. (And today I feel like I've been in a car accident and got whiplash.)

Most of my life I've had dreams where I'm fighting people or running from people, but the dreams remained in my mind. In the past few years I've been woken out of a dream by my fist hitting a wall or night table, or my legs trying to thrash free of my blankets, and now with me and the top sheet and blankets ending up on the floor head first!

Anybody else having this trouble as they age? And if so, what was your solution?

3 comments:

JenW said...

Any head bang like that you should always get checked out at the emergency room. Your son was right.
I'm having the opposite change in dream activity. As soon as my head hits the pillow I'm out like a dead person & then I wake up & it's morning. We'd probably make good sleep partners. (And that's a perfect example of a possible sleep nightmare root:-)

Anonymous said...

Michael,
Sorry that you had to go through all that. I hope that you are okay.
Harry Northup

Lally said...

thanks guys...I'm okay now...