Saturday, May 22, 2021

CUZ

When I was a boy, four cousins lived next door to us in a house that was the mirror image of ours and inexplicably had two side windows facing each each other a few feet apart. On holidays they'd put planks across to pass food between them, and on winter days when my cousin Marylynn, close in age to me, and I were home sick we'd spend hours communicating in sign language through the closed windows. I've lost my facility for that but remember those days fondly and still feel close to her though we rarely see each other. Here's a story about a recent award she won and a photo of me (in hat, my Easter outfit paid for by a large paper route ) and her (next to me) and her sister RuthAnn and late brother David when we were all in grammar school c. 1955. 




No comments: