Thursday, January 19, 2017

ONCE UPON A TIME

Me in my mother's arms early in World War Two, when it looked like the original and actual "fascism" was going to take over the world (it had already taken over Europe, much of Asia and Northern Africa, etc.). We got through those dark days, my oldest brother (in uniform) survived, my second oldest (in dark suit just before he joined the Navy) survived, my oldest sister (despite the diabetes she had just been diagnosed with and would die from complications of at fifty), my third brother in the light jacket (drafted during the Korean War but fortunately not into combat), my father (air raid warden for our neighborhood during The War), we all survived that dark time, as all of them had The Great Depression. And we will get through these dark days (though not as dark as then) as well, because there is always light even in the darkest times...

No comments: