Sunday, July 1, 2012

PS TO A FEW POSTS AGO

So I went to the wedding. Like most weddings, or at least most I've attended, it was beautiful. But beautiful in its own unique way, from Gregorian chant sung by a choir with angelic harmony to the reading of the often used "Letter from Saint Paul to The Corinthians" about "love is not rude" etc. "love is kind" etc. in both English and Spanish to the officiating priest mentioning the heat and instead of apologizing for it (it was a beautiful old church with just some fans) said "flow with it."

And as fate or Providence or the universe or whatever you want to call it would have it, I even ended up with new frames for my new prescription for my glasses, despite the fact I picked some out here in my town and when I went to get them the place was closed. Because the place that was shaping them for the frames I was bringing actually had even cheaper but still kind of cool ones. And the new shirt I bought that was all creased and wrinkled when I took it out of its packaging the nice lady at the dry cleaners behind the house my apartment is in pressed it for a few bucks.

So I felt I represented myself at the wedding respectfully and I had a good time (a lot of Latin music, which made it clear who at the reception were family or friends of the bride, because as soon as it started certain women, no matter how young or old (including gray haired grandmas) started moving their hips to the rhythm. Why is it that the Spanish are so comfortable with their sensuality and so many so-called "white" "Americans" aren't?).

Anyway, I didn't get home until past 2AM (like the old days) and felt very happy for the happy couple. May all of us feel as full of love as they did last night.

1 comment:

JenW said...

You said you wished you had some cool new frames for that wedding so you got them. Sounds like something out of Your Word is Your Wand by Florence Scovel Shinn (1928) I was told to read that just this weekend= a recommendation from an insightful and optimistic 94 year old. So this Irish Catholic Buddhist is adding it to her summer reading. Happy to hear the angelic choir soothed your spirit and your heart was renewed by the effervescent love of the happy couple. New beginnings are beautiful. Thank you for your wish of passing along that love. It’s a good one.