Friday, May 9, 2014

DOESN'T GET BETTER THAN THIS

I loved Frank Zappa and his music even at its most challenging, and when a friend just shared this video on Facebook I had to watch the entire thing and I can only say, you got to watch this all the way through.

He was a beautiful man. I'm sorry I never got to meet him but I did have the privilege of meeting his wife and kids and knew his daughter Moon Zappa back in my Hollywood years. They were all originals and in my encounters with them extremely open and honest and good hearted.

I'll only add that though Mike Douglas makes a few concessions to being a TV host at the time, he was a music maker himself starting out as a singer in the big band era (with a couple of hits) and unlike Cavett and other smarmy narcissists treated his guests, especially music originals like Zappa, with respect and intelligence.

No comments: