Saturday, April 11, 2015

WOLF HALL

Caught the first episode of this BBC production on PBS and have to admit, I'm hooked. Despite my not digging Damian Lewis much (though most women I knew swooned over him in HOMELAND), I'm liking him so far in this, and everyone else is excellent, as usual in these Brit productions, especially Mark Rylance as Thomas Cromwell.

I love history and will probably dispute much in every episode since pretty the dialogue and much of the character interpretation is the writer Hilary Mantel's whose historical novels the series is based on. But as in DEADWOOD and other creative historical series, the characters are based on real people and events which grounds the writers of these shows in ways that allows for interpretation but not total distortion.

But we'll see. Or at least I will.

No comments: