Thursday, November 17, 2016

WAY BACK WHEN, OR: WHY THE INTERNET CAN BE AS MUCH AN OBSTACLE AS A HELP

me as artist "Walter Hoyt" in NYPD BLUE (back in I think the '90s), a photo I and others have tried to add to the page supposedly dedicated to my movie and TV acting resume on the imbd site (as a SAG actor I had to use my full name: Michael David Lally) but no can do, meanwhile a few of the credits on that page are incorrect, but only some seem able to be corrected while the rest are so far impossible to make right...I have looked myself up on the web maybe five or so times in this century but each time I saw things attributed to me that are another Michael Lally's, or things attributed to other Michael Lallys that are mine, and even though I too use wikipedia I find it often inaccurate about things I have knowledge of...and as far as "all human knowledge" being available at one's fingertips, decades of articles and interviews and reviews and stories about or by me pre-internet are nonexistent on the web, and I'm insignificant compared to many who have almost no presence on the Internet yet are historically crucial contributors to our culture and society...so I can just imagine the even not deliberate misinformation, let alone deliberate, that is out there on the web that contributed to this election's results...end of mini-rant... 

No comments: