Friday, March 16, 2012

AN OLD LIST FOR ST. PATRICK'S FEAST

As I've mentioned, since the brain operation I've not only lost the compulsion to make lists all the time and to post some of them on this blog, even when I have a desire to I can't do it, except like the one on my profile where I just change a few things now and then in lists already there.

So I thought I'd put a link to a list I did before the operation of my favorite movies about the Irish, or in a few cases Irish-Americans. I could probably do a better job if I did some research, but I thought I'd just link to it as it was to show where I was at a few years back.

5 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Funny how St Patrick's Day evokes such a broad response in countries far and wide. We're honouring it by having leek and potato soup for dinner.

Lally said...

Wish I was there for it Elisabeth. I bought some soda bread for breakfast but already had a big piece.

Robert Berner said...

Lal--You're not alone in remembering Rita Tushingham. How could you not fall for her in "A Taste Of Honey"?
And if you look her up in Wikipedia, you'll see that she's still gorgeous.
Bob B.

Lally said...

Thanks for that tip Bob. Man, can't be many of us left who remember her and had a crush on her eh?

Robert Berner said...

Lal--That's a tough call, but I'd bet that most of the people we used to know in the mid to late 60s would still remember her--that is,if they're still around. And remember too that she was Lara and Yuri's daughter in the film of "Dr. Zhivago," though it was a very small part--they didn't want Rita to show-up Julie Christie, I suspect.
Bob B.