Sunday, March 9, 2014

STILL DEAD AND WALKING AFTER ALL THESE YEARS (SEEMS LIKE)

I got hooked on watching THE WALKING DEAD back in the first season, just because I wanted to see what my teenager and his friends were so engrossed in. I hated the crude scenes of violence, especially the graphic ways zombies were killed. But I saw that my son and his friends were as much into it for the technical skill used in creating such realistic gore as they were the calculated shock value of it all.

And then I got hooked on the characters and the broad stroked moral dilemma(s) the show pivots on. And after tonight's show I have another reason. A friend I haven't seen since I left L.A. (except on Facebook) is the new bad guy, and in tonight's show he had some lengthy close ups that let me see how he's aging at least, and he looks more handsome and rugged than ever with his gray hair and goatee (or whatever you call his beard). To see the difference, go back a few weeks on this blog where I put up the batch before last of photos from my L.A. days and you'll see him in a polaroid standing over me at my 50th birthday party over two decades ago.

Life goes on. And the TV dead keep walking.

2 comments:

AlamedaTom said...

Hey Lal: I have not gotten into Walking Dead, thinking I would not enjoy a show featuring zombies. Now that you have told us that you actually watch it, I guess I will have to binge-watch it in the near future. By coincidence just today I watched Brad Pitt's "World War Z," which was really very good. I decided to watch it based on positive reviews and word of mouth from people whose opinions I value and trust. You should check it out if you haven't seen it yet.
~ Willy

Lally said...

I haven't Willy but I will. As for THE WALKING DEAD, it's an acquired taste and I'm not exactly recommending it, just reporting that unfortunately I got hooked and have a stake in the characters now.