Tuesday, January 4, 2011

PETE POSTLETHWAITE R.I.P.

A terrific actor I wish I'd had to opportunity to work with.



He was perfect in every role he played that I saw, but my favorite is the father of Daniel Day Lewis's character in IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER (and most recently the evil crime boss in THE TOWN).

He was only 64, a shame. Our condolences to all his family and friends and fans.

Here's two more images, one very early and one more recent (playing "Lear" I believe) that show the power of his mere physical presence (and he was pretty diminutive, but still held the screen with a power greater than most, if not all).


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah. He was a remarkable actor. I was really surprised to see his obituary in the paper today. His kind of talent is a great rarity. Big loss.
TPW