Saturday, January 15, 2011

WINTER WONDERLAND

Another great trip to the Berkshires for a qiuck weekend visit so my youngest can get some real snowboarding in. With another recent snow the landscapes are as picturesque as you can imagine. On the ride up my youngest and I watched the outside temp as registered on the screen in the middle of my dashboard drop from 36 degrees to 7 by the time we arrived.

Talk about bracing winter air! Thank God for the seasons is my feeling. A real old-fashioned winter. And after the warmest year on record (that's an average that seems to mystify some of the the anti-warming folk when they see winter weather).

At any rate, it's also been a lot of stimulus for this old brain (I recently passed the fourteen month mark since the brain surgery and find that I still tire a little easier than I did before, and get a little overwhelmed sometimes by too much stimulus or socializing.

So since it's taking me even longer than usual to type this (every few words I have to retype, sometimes more than once, until I get them correct, I hope) I'm off to dreamland, digging the comfort of  warm bed on such a winter's night.

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Fourteen months since your surgery, Michael. My goodness, how time flies. To me it seems like yesterday since I first started to visit your blog.

Robert Berner said...

Lal--Reality check time: one of the reasons you get tired has a lot to do with a simple fact--we are now officially old, which means we don't have the same energy we had when we were in our 20s. It sucks, but there it is. It still beats the alternative. Bob B.

Lally said...

Elisabeth, as we know, the older we get the faster time flies. I'm happy you still visit the blog and that in your first visit I discovered yours as well. I'm always impressed with the quality of your writing and the amoung of comments you get!
And Bob, Yes, it has something to do with aging, but before the brain surgery and after are pretty distinct in terms of what I'm capable of and comfortable with, as well as a lot else, including how quickly and how often I tire. But I hear ya brother.